Liverpool transfer news as chairman makes Doucouré claim amid André call

Liverpool transfer news: Crystal Palace’s chairman has had his say on potential offers for his players, while Fluminense has reportedly made a decision on André Trindade.
Sign up to receive the best LFC opinion direct to your inbox
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. More info
Liverpool looks to be closing in on its third signing of the summer, but the work is still far from done.
Having missed out on both Moisés Caicedo and Roméo Lavia in recent days, the Reds have now turned their attention to Stuttgart midfielder Wataru Endo, and a deal looks as though it could be imminent.
According to The Athletic, the Japan international is undergoing his medical today, with a deal in the region of $20m (£16m/€19m) set to be completed.
At 30 though, Endo won’t be a long-term option for Liverpool, and Jürgen Klopp will have to look for at least one other body in midfield before the end of the transfer window, which is due to shut in just over two weeks.
And ahead of that September 1 deadline, the Reds have been sent a message regarding a potential target, while another possibility looks to have dropped out of the running for the time being.
Here is the Liverpool.com verdict on the transfer gossip to emerge around the Reds today.
Crystal Palace will ‘fight hard’ to fend off interest from Liverpool in Cheick Doucouré, according to the Evening Standard.
With Endo seemingly on his way to Anfield, the Reds will ideally need a younger option to arrive alongside him before the end of the window. Paris Saint-Germain is also said to be keeping tabs on Doucouré, although Liverpool is expected to push the hardest for the 23-year-old, who is valued at around $89m (£70m/€82m) by Palace.
Speaking about the possibility of receiving offers for his players before the end of the window, Palace chairman Steve Parish told Sky Sports News: “If people can make offers for your players, there’s nothing you can do about that, and we will look at those offers in light of what’s best for the club.
“Right now, it’s very, very close to the end of the window. It would have to be something unbelievable for us to even consider doing something, and we would also have to have a ready-made replacement that we think we could go and get.”
Liverpool.com says: Parish has left the door open there a little bit. There was no specific mention of Doucouré in his interview, but no doubt he will be one of the players he’s referring to.
It certainly sounds like Palace could be talked around to letting the midfielder move on this summer, although, like Southampton, it might well play hardball on the fee.
Fluminense doesn’t want to sell André Trindade to Liverpool this summer, according to Fabrizio Romano.
The Reds had been linked with a return for the Brazilian midfielder (as per the Mirror), but it seems they may have to wait. Romano claims Fluminense will only sell André in 2024.
Liverpool.com says: It always seemed a distinct possibility that André would be unattainable in the middle of the Brazilian season, and that January would be Liverpool’s best bet if it wanted the 22-year-old.
With Endo on his way, it’s perhaps more likely now that the Reds will turn their attention elsewhere. André might have worked alongside another signing already in their prime in the Premier League, but with Endo representing more of a short-term option, the Brazilian might be too much of a risk now.