Tottenham FC

Tottenham now ‘in talks’ over £27m star at Hotspur Way

Tottenham Hotspur are ‘in talks’ over the future of castaway star Giovani Lo Celso, but Spurs will only sell on one condition, Italian journalist Rudy Galetti revealed to GIVEMESPORT.

Lo Celso has been out of favour at the north London outfit, with a move away from the club expected before Friday’s deadline.

As far as transfer windows go, it’s been a fairly successful one for Tottenham, even if they lost talisman Harry Kane as part of a nine-figure deal with Bayern Munich. The England captain moved to the Bundesliga giant earlier this month for £100 million, but it doesn’t seem to have knocked Spurs’ transfer business out of kilter.

Instead, Ange Postecoglou has been able to acquire some top talent himself, with the new Tottenham boss overseeing the signings of James Maddison, Micky van de Ven and Guglielmo Vicario, which has taken the north London outfit’s transfer spend above the £150 million mark However, in the final week of the window, it’s suggested Tottenham will look to shift players off their wage book, with Lo Celso one man tipped to depart.

It’s just three years since Spurs sanctioned a £27 million move for the combative midfielder, but fast-forward 36 months and the Argentine’s Tottenham career looks likely to be cut short.

Yet it’s claimed Spurs will only green-light his departure under a specific set of circumstances.

Tottenham Hotspur’s summer signings

Fee

Dejan Kulusevski (Juventus) – loan to permanent

£25.6m

James Maddison (Leicester City)

£40m

Guglielmo Vicario (Empoli)

£17.2m

Manor Solomon

Free

Pedro Porro (Sporting CP)

£39m

Micky van de Ven (Wolfsburg)

£43m

Ashley Phillips (Blackburn)

What has Rudy Galetti said about Giovani Lo Celso and Tottenham Hotspur?

When asked about where Lo Celso’s future lies, Italian journalist Galetti revealed that Real Betis were pushing hard to sign the midfield man, but Spurs were hesitant to agree to the terms of the deal.

On the current situation at Hotspur Way, the reliable reporter said: “About the exits, Tottenham are in talks with Raul Betis for the transfer of Lo Celso.

“The Argentine player is not part of the Spurs plan and is pushing to return to Betis, despite also the interest of Barcelona.

“The negotiation has arrived at a decisive stage and the Spanish club are offering just a loan move, while Tottenham are only open to selling the midfield player in a definitive transfer.

“Also, after the failed talks between Lazio and Hugo Lloris, it cannot be excluded that the French goalkeeper could stay at Tottenham this season.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button